The National Bank Freemasons Scholarships
The National Bank Freemasons Scholarships are provided annually by the National Bank under the auspices of Freemasons New Zealand and are administered by The Freemasons Charity.
These scholarships are to assist children and grandchildren of Freemasons, who are able students, and are active in theircommunities.
The application form should be completed by a parent or guardian.
This year three Scholarships of $6000 each will be available, one per Division of Freemasons New Zealand.
Applicants for the scholarships must be a child or grandchild of a Freemason and must:
- Have a good academic record and be attending or just completed study at a secondary school or college: years 11 to 14.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a Permanent New Zealand residency; and
- Demonstrate good citizenship and be involved in some form of community activity.
- Submit a 100 word essay on “how this award will assist me in achieving my academic goals.”
- If successful utilise funds in furthering individual education.
- Be able to attend a Divisional presentation and associated promotional activities.
The Scholarships will be awarded without regard to gender, ethnic background, creed or age.Family association with Freemasonry is a requirement for the award of this scholarship.
Freemasons have a tradition of caring for their community and will assist those who contribute back to the community.
The file is in PDF 9 format and can be read by using Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader FREE by clicking on the button at left.